This room is for children aged between 3 to 5 years.
Pre-school boasts of its own floor containing a large play room,
messy room, computer/ discovery room and quiet library area. As
well as providing the children with well thought out activities and
tasks, we provide them with resources that inspire the children and
encourage them to initiate their own learning.
There are two groups that operate on this floor the older Tweenies aged 2.5 years to 3, Which has a ratio of 1:4 and Preschool have a ratio of 1:8, the floor can hold up to 24 children. Following the EYFS the children use continious provision which flows throught the designated rooms.
The staff nurture the children's natural ability to learn, they are given opportunities to experience learning through many resources and the positive input and interaction from the trained staff.
• In the pre-school room all the activities are based around the Early Learning goals set down by the government to enable them to reach the end of the Foundation Stage.
• Learning is encouraged through play and having fun. Our aim is to help all children to reach their full potential at each stage of their development.
• We understand the importance of encouraging their learning by providing many opportunities for children to explore, ask questions, enjoy activities and socialise with other children.
• Experiences are always varied so that children can enjoy and explore different materials and resources, with everything easily accessible to the children so they can follow their own interests. We provide a balance of adult-led activities, such as stories and "circle-time", with child-initiated play, ensuring children can take the initiative in their own learning.
• We are open 7.30am- 6pm, 51 weeks of the year as we close for a week at Christmas and on bank holidays.